Enjoy Complete Exclusivity
5 star opulence on lake Ullswater, The Waternook Estate is quite simply outstanding and luxurious in every way, probably the most prestigious super-luxury self catering experience with luxury concierge services in the British Isles. Exclusively yours this magnificent private estate situated in the heart of The Lake District National Park comprises two 17th Century properties of presidential luxury: Waternook, accommodating 12 guests, and The Great Barn, accommodating 8 guests. The Lake District was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site on Sunday 9 July 2017. It now joins other wonders of the world like the Taj Mahal, The Great Wall of China and Machu Picchu with the status.
Both residences occupy a sublime, secluded setting within 26 acres of private grounds with ½ mile of lake shoreline, commanding simply breath-taking uninterrupted panoramic views of lake Ullswater and the surrounding mountains.
Exclusive use of the estate includes these highlights: boathouse and jetty; private cinema; Spa and Wellness Sanctuary featuring a Laconium and bar leading out onto an infinity terrace with hot tub and views over Ullswater; fully fitted outdoor kitchens and barbecue terraces, outdoor lakeview dining and function suite with Minstrel's Gallery in The Lake Room, perfect to indulge your special celebration, intimate wedding reception or luxury conference.
Leave aside the 'million dollar views and setting' for a moment and stroll through Waternook and The Great Barn - their sleek sophisticated interior styling and perfectionist attention to detail ensures that these super-luxury self-catering homes will inspire even the most discerning guest.
Whether you are celebrating a happy event, searching for the perfect setting for an intimate wedding reception or just spending time with your favourite people, here is a magical treat delivering sheer luxury on a presidential scale matching your high expectations.
Both our properties are furnished to the very highest of standards and sure to please even the most discerning of guests. Underfoot you will be walking on the finest Brintons carpets. Brintons have been at the forefront of the global woven carpet industry for more than 230 years and was one of the first companies in Queen Elizabeth II’s reign to be awarded the Royal Warrant. Read their blog on us here. All our beds are hand made by And So To Bed, a specialist in fine antique-style beds, and our mattresses are Vi-Spring Elite. Having pioneered the use of pocketed springs in 1909, Vi-Spring believe that no mattress should compromise when it comes to comfort. That is why every Elite is individually made to order, using the finest quality British materials and traditional craftsmanship to create a soft and supportive mattress. Each mattress boasts over 1200 hand nested calico pocket springs which adjust and respond to the movement of the sleeper, providing independent support and minimising roll-together. Exclusive natural fillings, including Platinum Certified British fleece wool and cotton, provide sumptuous comfort and temperature regulation.
Both residences have won numerous prestigious awards including a Visit England 5 Star Gold Award, Winner of the Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence, a Visit England ROSE Award for Service Excellence [an award that can only be won once] and won the 2016 Cumbria Tourism Awards. See our full list of awards.
* Concierge Services & Use of Third-Party Suppliers
Where You make enquiries to Us about Suppliers or 'concierge services' it is understood that these are third-party Suppliers and for the avoidance of doubt We are not offering any advice or recommendations about these Suppliers or their services. We are simply offering contact details for You to enquire and access services directly from Suppliers if you chose to. We do not accept liability for the activities of any third-party Supplier [on and off our Property] and shall not be liable for the failure of a particular service provider to properly perform the relevant services, this being a matter between You and the Supplier. Written consent is required from us for use of any third-party supplier on our property, including those suppliers of whom we have provided details. Please see our Terms and Conditions for further information before booking.
- Friday and Monday changeover but we accept requests
- Sleeps 20
- 10 luxury suites
- ½ mile of lake frontage and 26 acres of private estate grounds
- Boathouse with private jetty
- Breath-taking panoramic views of lake and mountains
- Wood burning stove
- Private cinema with Sky movies and sports
- Integrated music system and iPad control
- Music powered by a state-of-the-art 9 zone SONOS invisible multi-room system with KEF in ceiling speakers.
- State of the art TV in all bedrooms
- 10 luxury stone and porcelain bathrooms with invigorating monsoon or rain showers. Designer baths in two rooms.
- Microwaves, dishwashers, ovens, induction hobs, coffee machine
- Fridges, freezers, salad drawer, warming drawer
- Red & white wine temperature storage
- Utility room / boot room with washing machine, tumble drier and sink
- Secure bike and canoe storage
- Lake view terraced gardens with seating
- Barbeque terrace with all you require – just add food and drink!
- Sweeping private drive with secure parking and security gate entry system
- Infinity terrace with lake view hot tub
- Pet-friendly room with underfloor heating
- Helicopter landing available
- Luxury concierge services available